Are you interested in working as a Special Effects & Prosthetic Make-up Artist or a Media Make-up Artist or something similar? Then look no further than Buckinghamshire College Group for courses to get you started.
We have two exciting pathways to offer you in this area.
One option is Special Effects & Prosthetic Make-up, where you will learn all aspects of this craft from creating latex masks, partial and full silicone and gelatine prosthetics, airbrushing, wounds bruising and all aspects of special effects and prosthetics.
You will look at a variety of different genres within the film industry such as Zombies, sci-fi, horror and fantasy, as well as medical drama work including severed limbs and surgical scenes. You will work on live industry briefs and gain a broad strong grounding to propel you forward in the film and tv SFX industry. Alongside this, you will work with local companies and with industry professionals to build your skills and take part in short films with the Media Department.
Another option is our Hair and Media Make-up course, where you’ll learn aspects of both hairdressing and media make-up and you’ll work together with our Media and Performing Arts departments with access to the TV and Fashion studios. You’ll take part in external events, working closely with lead practitioners.
If you are thinking about doing either a Special Effects & Prosthetics course or a Media Make-up course and you’re in the Buckinghamshire area, please click below to find out details of the courses hosted at Buckinghamshire College Group.
All Theatrical SFX, Hair and Media Make-up courses:
- Level 1 Diploma in Hair and Media Make Up
- Level 2 Diploma in Hair & Media Makeup
- Level 2 Diploma in Special Effects & Prosthetics Make-up for Film, TV and Theatre
- Level 2 Diploma in Special Effects Make-up for Film, TV and Theatre
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Special Effects & Prosthetics Make-up for Film, TV and Theatre
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Media Make-up
- Level 4 Diploma in Makeup, Prosthetics and Costume
- Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Theatrical, Media and Special Effects Makeup